Carole Nash
Content Writer
Published: 6th November 2017

One of Italy’s oldest motorbike brands has paid tribute to one of its most famous models with the introduction of a new model for 2018.


The Moto Morini Milano pays tribute to the company’s 3 ½ model of the 1970s, arguably Morini’s last great model before they (like so many other Italian manufacturers) entered a period of decline and seemingly perpetual turmoil.


With styling straight out of 1978, the Milano – which will fittingly make its public debut at the EICMA show in Milan tomorrow – looks the part, although the 110bhp, 1187cc V-twin has more than three times the capacity and power than the original bikes.


Moto Morini Milano


Morini claims that the hand built bike is 99% Italian and the spec sheet reads like a who’s who of the Italian motorcycle industry, with Brembo brakes, Pirelli Angel tyres and suspension from the little known Mupo brand, with the German Bosch ABS system no doubt representing the remaining 1%.


Under the skin of the restyle though remains the same basic engine and package that has powered the Morini range since its reintroduction just over a decade ago. The new retro is closely related to the Corsaro ZZ, introduced to conform to Euro 4 regulations last year,


The company has yet to reveal prices and availability of the new model, or indeed whether or not it will even come to the UK. The brand doesn’t currently have a distributor in the British Isles, but they can be purchased directly from the factory (see if it sounds like your next bike), although don’t expect to be seeing one on the roads any time soon.