The idea of packing all your belongings into a campervan and setting off on the open road can be thrilling. Whether it’s an epic road trip, family camping holiday or a festival, you can leave your cares behind you when you’re in your very own campervan.
But before you can let your hair down, there’s the matter of insurance. Yes, campervan insurance is a must!
What does insurance cover on a campervan?
It’s worth checking whether your main home contents insurance covers some of the items in your campervan. Of course, it will all depend on the level of cover you have. It may be the case that your existing policy covers you for things like camping equipment, or specific items that are covered even when you take them out of your home. So it’s worth checking. Similarly, if you have personal possessions cover you’ll be covered for certain items.
However, even if you are covered for the above, you’ll also need separate campervan insurance to be able to drive it on the road.
Like regular car or motorbike insurance, you can choose the level of cover for your campervan:
- Third party only
- Third party, fire and theft
- Fully comprehensive
Campervan insurance through Carole Nash
When you get your campervan insurance through Carole Nash, you receive these brilliant policy benefits:
- UK and EU breakdown recovery, including home start – worth £100 when compared to other providers.
- Up to £100,000 legal cover – Cover for your legal costs to help you recover a policy excess,
- loss of earnings, hire of another vehicle and compensation for any injuries sustained as a result of an accident that is not your fault
- Agreed value
- Salvage Retention Rights
- Up to 10,000 mileage limit
- Owners club discounts
- Limited mileage discounts
- Will cover modern modified vans
- Most modern modifications considered
- Fixtures and fittings covered
- Up to 90 days of European cover
At Carole Nash, we know that different styles of campervan will have different requirements for driving, maintaining and insurance. That’s why, as leading insurance brokers, we’re committed to making sure that you get the right cover for your campervan.
Find out more about our campervan insurance or get a quote by calling our friendly team on 0333 005 2091.