- Created: 18 October 2013
We’ve been looking forward to the Carole Nash Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show for some time now, especially as it’s the 20th one – plenty to celebrate!
With the events of the show firmly focused on bikes which stole our younger hearts in the 60s, 70s and 80s, previous years have seen the best bikes and most knowledgeable sellers coming together to enjoy a weekend of fun and excitement.
As well as a huge autojumble for anyone who’s in need of particular parts to get their bike on the mend, there’ll be the chance to show off your bike in the paddock, and even to bid on some beauties at the Bonhams auction. We’re especially looking forward to the appearance of stunt riding star Steve Colley too, who hopefully will show off a few of his moves for the crowd in attendance.
To celebrate the upcoming Carole Nash Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show we’re running a prize draw competition during the weekend of the show.
From today (Friday) until Monday our Facebook fans – and you can be one of them by clicking Like on the insidebikes page – have the chance to win a big prize to capture those golden biking moments on video, as we’re giving away a Go Pro Hero 3 camera! Featuring built-in wi-fi and HD-quality capture, it’s sure to help you create some cinematic moments.
Perhaps you’re a big fan of the slightly over-the-top bike-fighting climax of Mission Impossible 2, or Steve McQueen’s courageous chase over the hills in The Great Escape! Simply comment on the page and share with us your favourite movie biking moment to be in with a chance of winning!
If you have a bike which is over 10 years old you may be interested in a ‘Future Classic’ policy through Carole Nash. For example, a 35 year-old owner of a 2003 Fireblade might save over 55% as the cost of comprehensive insurance plummets under the new policy to just £313.10^. In addition the excess tumbles from a sizeable £600 to a much more manageable £125.1
Check out the new Classic and Vintage policies too! The Classic policy (bikes between 20-30 years old) now offers a low excess of just £50 whilst it’s been abolished altogether for vintage machines (bikes aged 30+ years). All policies offer free agreed value, UK and European breakdown cover and Homestart – itself worth over £100 – and up to £100,000 Motorcycle Legal Protection cover to help recover uninsured losses in the event of an accident which is not your fault. Low mileage discounts are offered for both Classic and Future Classic cover, with Vintage policyholders benefiting from unlimited mileage, multi-bike and rider cover. Members of recognised owners clubs can also secure discounts of up to 10 per cent on Classic and Vintage policies.
Good luck, and hope to see you at the show!
^ Compared to £707.96 on our existing scheme for the same bike details.
Comparative quotes based on 2003 and 2004 registered Honda Fireblade with security, garaged, owner for two years with the rider aged 35 with a full licence held for five years, having two years claims free with a clean licence.
Carole Nash insurance Consultants Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
Prize Draw Rules
- The draw will run from 10am on 18.10.2013 until noon on 22.10.2013
- Open to UK and Ireland residents only.
- Employees of Carole Nash are not entitled to participate in this competition.
- The winner will be selected on 23.10.13 at random and the judge’s decision is final, no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is Go Pro Hero 3 Camera.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The prize is non-transferable, for sale, re-sale or redeemable for cash.
- The winners will be announced on the Insidebikes Facebook page.
- Only one entry per person.
- If the winners cannot be contacted or do not respond within 2 days of the initial notification, or cannot take up the prize, then the Carole Nash reserves the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and select another winner on the criteria set out above.
- The competition is made by Carole Nash Insurance Consultants Ltd, Trafalgar House, 110 Manchester Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 1NU, Great Britain
- No purchase necessary.