Classic Ferrari Insurance
Few symbols evoke the same feelings of passion and desire as the ‘cavallino rampante’ (prancing horse) on the nose of a Ferrari, or hearing the engine of one of Italy’s most desirable sports cars as it drives past. Carole Nash insurance offer a range of policies for your Classic Ferrari, along with a number of useful features when covering your pride and joy.
After a 20 year career at Alfa Romeo, first as a test driver for Alfa Romeo, later head of the Alfa Corse factory racing team, Enzo Ferrari left the car manufacturer in 1939 to form his own company. Auto Avio Costruzioni operated from the Scuderia Ferrari racing team base in Modena he had established previously.
In 1940, Auto Avio Costruzioni produced its first car, the 815 Spider for the Mille Miglia, race but the outbreak of the Second World War ceased any further racing activities. In 1943, the company relocated to Maranello, at the same time applying the Ferrari trademark and in 1947 the first Ferrari emerged from the factory, called the 125 S.
This same model went on to win six of the 14 races it entered during the year.
During the 1950s and 1960s, Ferrari built a selection of beautiful vehicles that are incredibly desirable today, including the Ferrari 195 Inter, 212 Inter, 340 America, 375 M, 250 Europa, 375 America, 410 Superamerica. In fact, a 1962 Ferrari California 250 GTO is currently the second most expensive car sold at auction, for a price in excess of £52 million.
In 1969, Ferrari sold fellow Italian manufacturer Fiat a 50% stake in the company in order to meet the growing customer demand. The investment allowed for a factory extension and the creation of some of Ferrari’s most iconic vehicles, including the first mid-engined Ferrari, the Dino, the 208 GTB, 308 GTB, the Ferrari Daytona, Berlinetta Boxer and arguably the most famous of 20th century Ferraris, the Testarossa.
Looking for another kind of Classic Car Insurance?
Whatever model you are looking to insure, Carole Nash Ferrari insurance through Carole Nash
include a selection of features, that include:
- UK and EU breakdown recovery, including home start – worth £100 when compared to other providers.
- Up to £100,000 legal cover – Cover for your legal costs to help you recover a policy excess,
loss of earnings, hire of another vehicle and compensation for any injuries sustained as a result of an accident that is not your fault
- Agreed value – If your car is written off following a successful claim, you will receive the agreed value
(subject to photos and confirmation in writing, excluding Third Party Only cover)
- Salvage retention rights – If your car is declared a total loss following a claim, you may have the option to purchase the remaining salvage of your vehicle
- EU cover – If you are travelling around Europe, you will have the same level of cover as you do in the UK for up to 90 days.
- Club member discounts – If you are a member of a Ferrari owners club, you could be eligible for a members club discount
- Spare parts cover – We can offer insurance cover for spare parts you have kept in your garage at home against fire and theft (subject to additional premiums)