Treat your campervan to the care it deserves with Carole Nash, the campervan insurance specialists.
To those who own a campervan, four wheels and space for a bed represents so much. It may be a sense of freedom and adventure, a combination of comfort and vintage style, or a treasured link to the past. More than just a mode of transport and more than just a place to sleep, there’s a reason why campervans have endured and why a community has grown around them.
Campervan models are as diverse as their drivers, and as varied as the wide range of adventures each one can be taken on. At Carole Nash, we know that different styles of campers will have different requirements for driving, maintaining and insuring, so we’re committed to making sure that drivers get all the campervan insurance cover they need.
Whether you own a pop-top, high-top or a VW classic, camper insurance through Carole Nash has got you covered. We have more than 30 years’ experience in the industry and you can rely on us to find a policy that’s perfectly tailored to you. To get your campervan insurance quote, just call 0333 005 2091 and we’ll be happy to talk to you.
Based on reviews of all products
What are the benefits of a campervan insurance policy?
We understand that you want to give your pride and joy as much protection as possible. A campervan insurance policy through Carole Nash can provide exactly that, thanks to the following:
- UK and EU breakdown recovery, including Homestart for classic campers – worth £65 when compared to other providers
- Up to £100,000 of legal cover to help you recover a policy excess, loss of earnings, hire of another vehicle and compensation for any injuries sustained as a result of an accident that is not your fault
- Salvage retention rights
- Up to 10,000 mileage limit on classic campers and 15,000 on modern VW models
- Owners club discounts
- Limited mileage discounts
- Most modern modifications considered
- Fixtures and fittings covered
- Up to 90 days of European cover
What are the different levels of camper cover?
The vast majority of our customers take out comprehensive campervan insurance, but we also offer laid-up cover. Here’s a breakdown of both options:
Comprehensive camper insurance
You’ll be covered for any damage you cause to a third party’s vehicle or property as well as accidental damage to your campervan. This type of policy will also insure you against theft or fire damage.
Laid-up camper cover
A campervan insurance policy of this type will protect you in the event of fire, theft and accidental damage, but it does not provide cover for the road. Laid-up camper cover is ideal for those who are restoring a classic vehicle or keeping it in storage but are not using it to get out and about.
How to get your camper insurance quote
We believe in making life as easy as possible for our customers and getting a quote for your campervan insurance is no different.
All you have to do is give us a call on 0333 005 2091 and speak to one of our expert, friendly team. Once you provide them with a few details about you and your vehicle, they can then compare campervan insurance premiums and help you find the deal that’s right for you. It’s that easy.
How to make a claim on your campervan insurance
If the worst happens and you need to make a claim on your camper insurance, don’t worry – we’re here to help you. There are no forms for you to fill out and our claims line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All you need to do is call 0333 005 2244 and our friendly, professional team will guide you expertly through the process.
Each claim is different, with its own particular set of circumstances, so the time it takes to resolve them can vary. Rest assured, however, that we’ll do all we can to ensure everything runs as smoothly as possible. If your vehicle is involved in an accident, you should still let us know – even if you don’t intend to make a claim. This is a condition of your campervan insurance policy.
Why might your campervan insurance policy not pay out?
There are some circumstances which may invalidate your policy. For example, you will not be covered by your camper insurance for:
- Damage or loss sustained when your campervan is being driven by someone without the appropriate licence
- Loss or damage to any vehicle, caravan or trailer being towed or attached to your campervan
- Loss of value; wear and tear; mechanical, electrical or computer failures; breakdowns or breakages
- Damage to tyres by braking, punctures, cuts or bursts
These are just some of the instances for which campervan insurance may not cover you. For a full list of exclusions, please consult your policy documents.
Why choose Carole Nash for your camper insurance
These are just a few reasons why you can count on us to provide you with expert campervan insurance advice and a quote that suits you:
- Experienced: We’ve been helping drivers secure their camper cover for more than 30 years. In that time, we’ve built up a wealth of expertise that helps to shape our service.
- Trusted: We have a rating of ‘Great’ from thousands of reviews on Trustpilot, and our customer testimonials are further evidence of how well we look after the people who come to us for help.
- Award-winning: Our stellar work in the motor insurance industry has seen us recognised with a number of prizes and accolades down the years.
- Specialist: We have a great appreciation for the campervanning community and understand your campervan insurance requirements perfectly. Whatever type of cover you need, we’ll be able to find a solution for you.
- Regulated: We’re fully authorised and regulated by Financial Conduct Authority under firm reference number 307243, so you can rest assured we’re an entirely dependable company.
- Knowledgeable: With so many years of experience, our Cheshire-based team are one of the most knowledgeable teams in the industry. They’ll be able to help find the campervan insurance you need, and they’ll do so in a friendly, professional manner.
Get your campervan insurance quote today
Whether you require converted van insurance, classic VW campervan insurance or cover for any other form of camper, we can help you. Just give us a call on 0333 005 2091 and our specialist team will help to provide the protection you need.
Campervan Insurance FAQs
We understand that sorting out your camper insurance can sometimes feel like a complicated affair, with so much to take into consideration. With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of some of the most common questions we get asked, in the hope that you’ll find the answers you need:
There is no set definition which constitutes whether a vehicle is a campervan or a motorhome, so it can sometimes be a little confusing and there are blurred lines.
Typically, campervans are smaller than motorhomes and are built on the same chassis as your typical work van – think a VW Transporter or Vauxhall Vivaro – and can be various colours. Motorhomes on the other hand are often larger, often white, and can be very large and very expensive.
Although they are very similar, it can make a difference when it comes to getting an insurance quotation. For instance, one insurer may provide their price partly based on the size of the vehicle whilst another may factor in the engine size, both of which you would usually find are larger for a motorhome. This in turn may impact the price you are quoted.
If you have a motorhome you’d like to insure, head over to our motorhome insurance page or speak to one of our leisure vehicle insurance specialists who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Campervans are a great way to see the world – all you have to do is pack up and get out on the open road, where the possibilities are endless. But if something were to go awry, a standard car or travel policy is unlikely to cover every eventuality. That’s where specialist camper insurance can help you.
Without the protection of an appropriate policy, fixing faults with your vehicle could cost you a pretty penny and leave you significantly out of pocket. That’s the last thing you need, especially if you’re overseas, which is why campervan European breakdown cover is an important consideration. After all, you want to enjoy your trip to the full without having to worry about anything going wrong.
Every campervan is unique, which means there’s no one set answer to this question. The cost of your policy will depend on a number of factors, including the make and model of your vehicle, its mileage, the age of the main driver and whether or not they have any motoring convictions.
Rest assured, however, that no matter the make and vintage of your vehicle, we’ll be able to help you. Whether it’s classic VW campervan insurance you need, cover for a Ford Transit camper or a Mazda Bongo, we’ll find a policy that’s suited to you.
You may be able to reduce the cost of your campervan insurance premium by only using your vehicle sparingly and not racking up the miles. If it’s classed as your primary form of transport, you may find that your policy costs a little more. Additional safety features such as alarms and trackers and keeping your camper in a garage or other secured unit can also boost your chances of receiving a discount, as can membership of a camping association or owners club.
You have to be at least 25 years old to be considered eligible to take out a campervan insurance policy.
Get a campervan insurance quote from Carole Nash today
We can help you find VW campervan insurance, converted van insurance and camper cover for all makes and models. Give our friendly, expert team a ring on 0333 005 2091 and discover why Carole Nash are one of the best in the business when it comes to delivering camper insurance quotes tailored perfectly to you.