Motorhome Insurance, from experts you can trust
As lifestyle insurance specialists with over 30 years of experience, Safeguard know a thing or two when it comes to protecting your motorhome.
They know that, for adventurers, standard motor insurance doesn't suffice. That's why your Safeguard policy can also cover things like awnings and personal contents, so you can focus on exploring.
Motorhome Insurance is a type of cover designed to insure motorhomes, recreational vehicles (RVs) and, in some cases, campervans. Unlike caravan insurance, Motorhome Insurance is a legal requirement because motorhomes are classed as vehicles, like cars or vans.
As motorhomes are leisure vehicles, they’re used in different ways to cars and vans and therefore have different insurance needs. A traditional motor insurance policy may not consider potentially important factors including the full value of the motorhome, differences in mileage, European travel or expensive equipment.
Choosing a dedicated policy from Safeguard also allows you to cover things like awnings and personal contents so that you can take to the road knowing you’re fully protected under one plan.
It can be a little confusing to define whether a vehicle is a campervan or a motorhome as there is no set definition. The main difference between Motorhome and Campervan Insurance is that campervans are typically smaller than motorhomes.
This can sometimes make a difference in the rating an insurer provides for your vehicle. For example, one insurer may rate the vehicle on its size or dimensions, while another bases their rating purely on engine size. This may, in turn, make a difference to the price you’re quoted.
There is no difference in the cover or benefits provided by Safeguard whether you’re insuring a campervan or a motorhome.
Safeguard works with a variety of insurers so that you can get the insurance you need, whichever type of motorhome you own. This includes:
- Classic motorhomes - Enjoy the quintessential British motorhome experience with classic Motorhome Insurance from Safeguard. We can cover a range of classic models, with breakdown cover available
- Campervans - From quirky conversions to vintage Volkswagens, we understand how much your campervan means to you. That’s why at Safeguard, we work to find insurance quotes that give you full coverage should anything go wrong
- American RVs - American-style recreational vehicles (RVs) are becoming increasingly popular in the UK thanks to their wealth of interior space and next-level amenities. At Safeguard, our Motorhome Insurance policies can cover even the most luxurious RVs, freeing you to take to the open road in style
Depending on the details of your policy, Safeguard Motorhome may include:
- Motorhome breakdown cover - You’ll get UK and European breakdown cover from the AA included in your policy
- Windscreen repair - Unlimited windscreen and body glass replacement cover (Minimum £100 fixed excess applies for replacement, but not for repair)
- European cover - Your policy will cover you on any EU road trips, 365 days a year
- Personal contents cover - Up to a total of £3,000 for fire, theft and accidental damage
All motorhomes are unique which means there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all policy and therefore no standard price. Instead, your Motorhome Insurance quote is likely to depend on a number of factors, including:
- The age and model of the vehicle
- Where it’s stored when not in use
- The named driver or drivers
- Your claims history
- Your No Claims Bonus
Safeguard quotes are tailored to your needs to ensure that you get the coverage you want.