Quad Bike Insurance
The versatility of a quad means it isn’t always adequately protected by a more generic policy, so when you arrange quad bike insurance through us you can be sure of getting the cover you need. Rules on what you can and can’t do with an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) can be complex but, whether you ride a sports quad, leisure or utility machine, off-road or on-road, we’ve got you covered.
At Carole Nash, we're more than just motorbike insurance specialists. You can get a quad bike insurance quote online in a matter of minutes or you can phone us on 0333 005 3355, so why not get in touch today.
Do I need quad bike insurance?
Yes. Government regulations were introduced in 2011 (PDF 746KB) which stated all quad bike owners must be covered by an appropriate policy, in an attempt to crack down on uninsured motorists.
Without adequate cover you could still be fined, even if your quad bike is not in use. The only exception to this rule is if you have declared your ATV off the road with a Statutory Off-Road Notification.
What comes as standard with a quad insurance policy?
Below you can find a summary of the benefits you’ll receive when you arrange your quad bike cover through Carole Nash:
- UK and European accident breakdown recovery, including Homestart assistance
- Up to £100,000 of legal protection in the event of an accident which is not your fault
- Unlimited bike accessory cover
- Up to 15% off for insurance-approved security
- Claims team based in the UK
You can follow the link for more information on our policy benefits and the reasons to choose Carole Nash.
Which level of quad bike cover should I choose?
There are three different levels of quad bike cover, and it’s important that you choose the one that’s most suited to your needs. They are:
- Third-party only
- Third-party, fire and theft
This is the most basic level of ATV insurance and offers the minimum degree of protection. You will be insured against the vehicle or property of a third party becoming damaged as a result of an accident that was your fault, but there is no cover for fire, theft, or damage suffered by your quad.
Third-party, fire and theft
A policy of this kind offers the same protection as third-party only, but your quad will also be covered in the event of it being stolen or suffering fire damage.
A comprehensive policy offers protection against any damage to a third party’s vehicle or property, as well as for fire, theft or accidental damage suffered by your ATV.
How do I get my quad bike insurance quote?
It’s perfectly easy to sort out your quad bike insurance online by filling out our simple quote form. All you have to do is enter a few details about you and your quad, and we’ll be able to provide you with a figure in a matter of minutes.
Of course, if you’d rather receive your quad insurance quote over the phone, you can just give us a call on 0333 005 3355.
How much is quad bike insurance?
There’s no simple answer to this question, as each ATV is different and the cost of your quad bike cover can vary depending on a number of things, such as:
- The level of cover you choose
- The make and model of your quad
- Any security measures you have in place
- Your driver history
- Your age and location
What if I need to claim on my quad bike insurance?
Should the time ever come when you need to claim on your quad insurance, there’s no need to worry. The claims team will be on hand to guide you through the process as calmly as possible, and there are no lengthy forms for you to fill out. Our claims line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and all you need to do is call 0333 005 2244.
All claims are different, which means the time it takes to settle them can vary. You can relax safe in the knowledge, however, that our expert team will ensure the process moves along as swiftly as it can. If something happens to your quad but you don’t intend to make a claim, you should still let us know, to meet the conditions of your ATV insurance.
Why would my quad insurance not pay out?
There are some circumstances which may mean your quad bike insurance is invalidated. These include but are not limited to any liability, accident, injury, loss, or damage that occurs when the quad is:
- In the charge of someone not entitled to ride it, as described by the certificate of insurance
- Ridden by someone who does not possess the appropriate licence
- Being used to carry passengers or goods in a way that is likely to affect its safe driving
These are just some of the instances where you are unlikely to be protected by your quad bike insurance. For a full list of the exclusions, please check your policy wording.
Why should I choose Carole Nash for my quad bike cover?
- We’ve been helping our customers find the right ATV insurance for 10 years, so you can rest assured that we know what we’re talking about.
- We have an overwhelmingly positive rating from thousands of reviews on Trustpilot, while a number of glowing customer testimonials show why we are so highly regarded.
- Our excellent work helping people with their quad bike cover has seen us recognised with several awards and commendations down the years.
- Quads require a different form of cover to your standard motor insurance, but our superb team can call on a wealth of expertise to help you find the suitable solution.
- We’re authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority so rest assured that you’ll be dealing with an entirely responsible and dependable organisation.
- Our Cheshire-based team boast an extensive understanding of quads and what their riders need when it comes to receiving the appropriate insurance policies.
Quad bike insurance FAQs
Below, we’ve answered some of the questions we get asked most often regarding quad insurance:
The cost of your ATV insurance will vary depending on a number of factors, such as its make and model, the size of its engine and what you are using it for. However, there are a few things you can do to reduce the cost of your cover, such as:
- Keep your quad locked up in a secure facility such as a shed or garage
- Keep your quad bike insurance in place all year round to build up your no-claims bonus
- As much as possible, limit the number of miles you cover on your quad throughout the course of the year
We believe in taking care of everything for our customers, which is why we can offer you key cover as an optional extra on top of your quad insurance. For just £20.99 a year, all keys attached to the fob are covered if they are lost or stolen, while you’ll also be protected for up to £1,500 of locksmith charges, new locks and keys, car hire or onward travel costs.
To enquire about key cover with Carole Nash, please call 0333 005 3195.
Yes, just give us a call on 0333 005 7555 and let us know of any alterations you’d like to make. We’ll then update your details and your premium before discussing your renewal. If you’re unsure about which changes you are required to report to us, it’s best just to get in touch and we can sort it out.
This will depend on your insurer and your level of cover. All of our quad bike insurance policies allow you to ride in the EU for up to 30 days with the same protection you would receive here in the UK. The length of time you can ride abroad may vary depending on your insurer, and if you wish to take your quad on the road outside the European Economic Area then you’ll also need to acquire a Green Card.
If you choose to receive your quad insurance documents via email, they should land in your inbox within 24 hours. If you want us to post them, that could take up to five working days. Should you need any duplicate copies, just let us know and we can send those to you as well.