Motorhome Insurance

Call us on 0333 005 7554

Motorhome Insurance

Many will use the term ‘motorhome’ interchangeably with ‘campervan’, but they shouldn’t. Although they are admittedly fairly similar in purpose, at Carole Nash we recognise the differences that will be important to any dedicated owner.

A campervan, as the name suggests, is a smaller van built as a self-contained travelling home, designed to be affordable and a little more manoeuvrable. A motorhome, on the other hand, has the potential to be much bigger.

Why choose dedicated motorhome insurance?

Normal car or van insurance doesn’t cover a motorhome or a campervan. There’s plenty of generic campervan cover available out there that would cover a bigger vehicle which is technically classed as a motorhome, but can you be sure that you’re getting the best value cover?

Much like you wouldn’t choose standard car insurance for a classic car, you wouldn’t choose standard campervan insurance for a full-size motorhome. The bigger size may mean longer trips, different repair needs, and a different way of driving – a great value insurance policy needs to take all of these things in to account, which is what we’ll aim to find if you choose a motorhome insurance policy through Carole Nash.

What makes a motorhome?

Usually built on a truck or bus chassis instead of a van, motorhomes are made for the long haul – with facilities that are far from basic, a motorhome keeps its passengers comfortable for longer. Unlike the campervan, there’s usually a divide between the vehicle’s cab and living quarters, to keep relaxation separate from the road.

Motorhomes come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, with endless combinations of layouts and features. At Carole Nash we can help you find the right insurance policy for a wide range of European models.

Types of motorhome

There are three categories of motorhome: alcove motorhomes, semi-integrated motorhomes and integrated motorhomes. An alcove motorhome has a caravan-style body which is mounted onto a chassis, and in Europe these are usually manufactured by Fiat and Ford. A semi-integrated motorhome usually has a fixed double bed in the back of the vehicle and is more suited to couples.

Meanwhile, an integrated motorhome will have a large and expansive front window which offers you good driving visibility when you are on the road. There is usually extra space in the lounge or dining areas, and often a double bed which lowers over the driving area.

Carole nash benefits - including camping gear cover
  • When you arrange a policy for your motorhome through Carole Nash, you can also expect to receive up to £100,000 legal expenses cover in the event of an accident that’s not your fault as standard, as well as EU cover for up to 90 days – ideal for those holidaying abroad!
  • Policies can also be extended to include camping equipment up to the cost of £3,500, including gas bottles
    and awnings, keeping all the essentials covered.
  • On top of all this, a dedicated in-house claims team is on-hand 24/7, 365 days a year.
Call us on 0333 005 7554

Motorhome Insurance

Call us on 0333 005 7554

Other ways to save

Campervan Insurance

Treat your campervan to the care it deserves with insurance from Carole Nash, the insurance specialists.

Find out more

Travel Insurance

Not many travel insurance policies are put together with motorbikes or their riders in mind – that’s why we offer travel insurance for bikers through Carole Nash.
Find out more

Home Insurance

Home insurance through Carole Nash provides you protection for your building and contents. Should the worst happen, an in-house claims team is available 24/7, 365 days a year, with professionally trained incident managers on hand to assist you.

Find out more