Aston Martin is a marque that has been associated with luxury, elegance and performance for over 100 years, becoming an iconic and distinguished symbol of British automotive prestige. At Carole Nash insurance we offer a range of insurance policies for your classic Aston Martin, with a host of features which highlight that we care about your car as you do.
Aston Martin was founded in London in 1913 by Robert Bamford and Lionel Martin as ‘Bamford & Martin Ltd’ but the Aston Martin name was registered a year later following one of Lionel Martin’s successful runs as the Aston Hill Climb in Buckinghamshire.
Aston Martin has a long racing heritage that stretches back to 1922, when the company entered two cars into the French Grand Prix. Since then, Aston Martin has achieved considerable racing success, including podium places at the 1933 and 1951 race at Le Mans and victory at the 1959 Nürburgring 1000km race.
Most notably, Aston Martin has earned an impressive number of finishes at the famously challenging Le Mans 24 Hours, having entered vehicles since 1931. More recently, Aston Martin has had at least one car finish on a podium position in almost every year since 2007.
In 1955, eight years after being acquired by English industrialist David Brown, Aston Martin relocated production to Newport Pagnell in Milton Keynes – a location where the company would build nearly 13,000 cars before it moved to its current home, in Gaydon, Warwickshire, in 2007.
Although vehicles such as the Aston Martin DB1, Aston Martin DB2 and DB Mark III are considered beautiful cars in their own right, it wasn’t until 1964 and the release of the James Bond movie Goldfinger that Aston Martin became a popular culture icon around the world. First starting with Sean Connery and the Aston Martin DB5, the company began a long association with the James Bond, which has continued up until the 2012 cinema release, Skyfall, starring Daniel Craig.
Looking for another kind of Classic Car Insurance?
If you are looking to insure your Aston Martin, insurance policies through Carole Nash include a number of features as standard, including:
- UK and EU breakdown recovery, including home start – worth £100 when compared to other providers.
- Up to £100,000 legal cover – Cover for your legal costs to help you recover a policy excess, loss of earnings, hire of another vehicle and compensation for any injuries sustained as a result of an accident that is not your fault
- Agreed value – If your car is written off following a successful claim, you will receive
the agreed value (subject to photos and confirmation in writing, excluding Third Party Only cover)
- Salvage retention rights – If your car is declared a total loss following a claim, you may
have the option to purchase the remaining salvage of your vehicle
- EU cover – If you are travelling around Europe, you will have the same level of cover as you do in the UK for up to 90 days
- Club member discounts – If you are a member of an Aston Martin owners club, you could be eligible for a members club discount