WHY CHOOSE DEDICATED Military vehicle INSURANCE?
Owners of ex-Military vehicles are astutely aware of the challenges they face in order to make the vehicles road legal. Even after you have made the appropriate modifications, got your vehicle registered and received an assigned plate, you are still likely to encounter issues with insurance. Most companies simply are not equipped with the information to insure specialist army vehicles or the military variant.
With so many vehicles and specifications to consider, at Carole Nash we appreciate the requirements of individuals and work hard to tailor a policy to insure your military vehicle, whether it is an ex-SAS ‘Pink Panther’ Land Rover, Daimler Ferret armoured car, Alvis Scorpion reconnaissance vehicle or T-34 Soviet tank. We can cater for all road-legal ex-MOD vehicles from the Army, Navy, Marines, RAF, Special Forces or Reserves and offer insurance for military vehicles imported from the EU, United States and Eastern Bloc.
Carole Nash Military Vehicle insurance
- UK and EU breakdown recovery, including home start, worth over £100 – Cover in the UK and abroad after a
breakdown. Including home breakdown assistance.
- Up to £100,000 legal cover – Cover for your legal costs to help you recover a policy excess, loss of earnings,
hire of another vehicle and compensation for any injuries sustained as a result of an accident that is not your fault
- Agreed value – If your Military Vehicle is written off following a successful claim, the insurers will pay out the
agreed value (subject to photos and confirmation in writing).
- Salvage retention rights – If your Military Vehicle is declared a total loss following a claim, you may have the
option to purchase the remaining salvage of your vehicle.
- EU cover – If you are travelling around Europe, you will have the same level as cover as you do in the UK for
up to 90 days.
- Club member discounts – If you are a member of a Military Vehicle owners club, you could be eligible for a
members club discount up to 25%.
Cover offered through us is for land and water vehicles (with the exclusion of hovercrafts) providing you keep them on terra-firma, off the waterways and out of the lakes, seas and oceans.
Many ex-military policies, including those through us, only cover green-laning as these are still public highways, however, we also offer a specific off-road policy for people insuring vehicles for off-roading at pre-arranged club events or pay and play days.
Although many insurers may not consider covering your ex-military vehicle owing to the fears that come with unfamiliarity, at Carole Nash we know that not only are ex-military vehicles built with durability in mind, a passionate community can help ensure that it is well-maintained.